Flash player installation via Synaptic

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Sun Jul 3 09:53:28 UTC 2011

On 03/07/11 00:53, Chris Robinson wrote:
> Highly recommended. It might not install an OSE version of flash, but it's the
> easiest fix to recommend.
And there's the rub, when you install an officially-supported edition of
Flash, there's a much higher chance that other people will be
experiencing the bug, that it will be fixed quickly, and that any
problems with the package manager will be resolved.  If you break the
OSE with Flash-Aid, you get to fix the mess yourself.

I'm not saying don't use it, i'm just saying that if you use Flash-Aid,
don't try to install the version from the package manager in conjunction.

Paul