LCA 2011 Open Day - THIS SATURDAY!

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:11:42 UTC 2011

Good evening Ubuntu-AU'ers,

I hope those of you at LCA2011 are enjoying yourselves (I definitely
am - if you're at the conference and want to catch up shoot me an
email - jrnorris at gmail.com or head_victim on IRC). I'm sorry about the
lack of information about the Open Day changes but there has been very
little to go on until now. The official website at
http://conf.linux.org.au/programme/open_day has just now been updated
with the new details. It is all still going ahead as previously
planned except the location is now at the new venue of QUT Kelvin
Grove in the QUT refectory in C Block (see
http://www.qut.edu.au/about/location/pdf/kelvingrove_map_colour.pdf
for a campus map).

>From experience of this week there should be reasonable amounts of
parking and if you're not sure where to park I would recommend "F
Block". It's a multi level car park and only costs $6.00 for the whole
day. It's only a short walk (unfortunately uphill to get there but at
least at the end of the day it will be downhill) to get to C Block.

If you can please add yourself to the roster at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/LCA2011Brisbane if you can come
and help out. I have also added a note to the details on
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/587/detail/ so if you can also
indicate if you can attend (or not!). This isn't just for LCA2011
attendees, this is an Open Day for EVERYONE in the area that is
interested in anything Linux related. There will be lots of groups
involved showcasing lots of projects.

Regards,

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris