Ubuntu Natty Narwhal (11.04) - My Thoughts

Boden Matthews boden.matthews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:21:30 UTC 2011

Hey all,
I just thought I'd pop by and give some thoughts about Natty Narwhal
Alpha 1. I do like the new font, and the updated version of Rhythmbox.
But there is one thing I absolutely HATE about Natty. Unity. Horrible,
annoying and impossible to use on anything with no touchscreen. Why, oh
why Canonical, did you choose friggin' UNITY for a DESKTOP version of
Ubuntu?! GNOME is a lot better, to me Unity makes Ubuntu look like a
skinned version of Mac OSX. Which I also hate. I am removing Unity and
installing GNOME as we speak, hopefully GNOME will work fine.

Regards,
Boden Matthews