Ubuntu-AU & LCA2011 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/LCA2011Brisbane

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:05:18 UTC 2011

Good Morning Ubuntu-AU'ers,

I have finally fought off hardware failures long enough to be able to
do a bit of a write up about how the Ubuntu-AU team went at
linux.conf.au that has just occurred. I have written up details at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/LCA2011Brisbane and there are
several links off this page to other areas (I recommend checking out
the photos!). If you have anything to add please feel free to
contribute and make sure you upload or link more photos so we can all
share.

I would just like to thank all that turned out, it was a great day and
it was made really easy by the number of people willing to get in and
give a hand. I will be writing up a wiki page in the coming weeks to
have a place to store all the information that was learnt about what
worked and what didn't.

I would also like to remind people that we have a couple of hundred
CDs left over from the day for a number of different reasons. Instead
of letting them sit around my house getting old (they are the 10.10 32
bit desktop versions) I would love to distribute them in a useful
manner.  Please think about any way these can be used to promote
Ubuntu within the general public (hand them out to your computer class
at school? Donate them to a library? Hold your own Ubuntu stand at a
TAFE/Uni Open Day?) and email the list so we can get them out to you
as by the time April rolls around there will be a new release so we
can't hold on to them for too long.

Regards,

Jared Norris
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris