11.04

Stephen Rees-Carter stephen at rees-carter.net
Fri Apr 8 05:10:39 UTC 2011

Just curious, but have the people who don't like Unity tried
Gnome-Shell (AKA Gnome 3)?
What are your thoughts on that, it's usability, design, etc?

I think it would have similar usability issues to the ones I've heard
raised about Unity.
It is also completely different to classic gnome, which I expect would
cause issues since most people don't like change.

Thanks,
~Stephen

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 08/04/11 14:04, Boden Matthews wrote:
>
> Unity, bloody Unity! It's ugly, horrible and naff, get rid of it! If you
> install GNOME and remove Unity at the same time, GNOME works perfectly.
>
> Regards,
> Boden Matthews
> Sent from my DET craptop
>
> Gnome is not QUITE the same as in Maverick but it is certainly most usable.
>
> However, the word is that the next version of Ubuntu (11.10) won't have
> gnome at all (and which is why I am right now trying out openSUSE 11.4).
>
> BC
>
> --
> "I believe what I am programmed to believe."
>                     A robot in Futuruma

Stephen Rees-Carter ~ Valorin
http://stephen.rees-carter.net/