Promoting Ubuntu

Paul Whipp paul.whipp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 01:22:15 BST 2010

Hi there,

I've been using Ubuntu for work and play since 8.04.

I am interested in getting more people to use ubuntu because it is better
for them than the alternatives.

I have been thinking about preparing a presentation and inviting people to
come to it. After introducing Ubuntu and going over its use/benefits (focus
on browsing/open office/email) people could try ubuntu and get instant help
installing it if they have brought their laptops etc. along. I would need a
couple of helpers who can speak non-geek and help with the installation
issues and hand holding. I would aim for 12-24 attendees.

I am new to this list & community so forgive me if this is obvious:

I was going to post this as an agenda item for the next irc meeting but,
while I can edit old meeting pages, the place where it says to add agenda
items for the next meeting is on an immutable page (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Meetings). Am I missing something
there?

Regards,
Paul Whipp

Office: 07 3103 2894
Mobile: 0410 545 357

Do more business with your website! <http://www.paulwhippconsulting.com.au>

Joomla, Magento, PHP and MySQL web application
developer<http://www.paulwhippconsulting.com.au/>