Ubuntu MID (Mobile Internet Device) Remix - Does anyone know what happened?

Boden Matthews boden.matthews at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:57:54 BST 2010

Hey all,
Does anyone know the demise of Ubuntu MID Remix? Apparently it's first and only release was based on 8.04/8.10. I am buying a HTC Shift x9501 (7" UMPC) later this year, and I saw this turn up in a google search. They said it was aimed at devices with an Intel Stealey CPU (Shift has a Stealey A110 @ 0.8GHz) and a screen size of 4.5-7 inches. Also, does anyone know of a good release for this type of device? If it helps, here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Stealey A110 (800MHz, primary CPU - for use with Vista)/Qualcomm MSM7200 (400MHz - for use with Windows Mobile instant-on mode) secondary
RAM: 1GB DDR2 MicroDIMM
ODD: None
HDD: 40/60GB (depends on model)
Screen: 7" TFT resistive touchscreen
Mouse: HTC MicroPad
Networking: 802.11a/b/g WiFi, Cellular Network (GSM - triband), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
OS: Windows Vista Business (changeable/upgradable, primary)/Windows Mobile 6.1 (With proprietary SnapVue instant-on mode, unremovable, secondary)
Other: Fingerprint scanner, 0.3MP webcam, 1xUSB2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack.

Regards,
Boden Matthews
Sent from my iPhone