bookmarks in firefox

Rob Dawson rob.dawson at helpdesksolutions.com.au
Fri Oct 29 22:51:22 BST 2010

Hi David,

I can't tell you what caused the issue but I do know that Firefox makes
a daily back up of it's bookmarks to it's profile folder.  To restore
them you should be able to go to Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks... -
Import and Backup - Restore and then choose the date of the backup you
want to restore from.

Having said that, I have an add-on installed called Xmarks
http://www.xmarks.com/ that allows me to synch my Firefox settings
(bookmarks etc) between multiple machines.  This allows me to have my
settings identical on my laptop and home PC, as well as providing me
with an 'off site' backup function should I ever suffer the issue you
just have.  The add-on has been around for ever and has worked
flawlessly for me for years, and best of all - it's free!

Hope this info helps.

Cheers,

Rob