Open USB IO Module

Geoffrey gcombes4 at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 28 05:07:17 BST 2010

Hi Ryan,
I moved the ousb executable into my home directory as you have corrected
me (thank you). I then tried your instruction "chmod etc" with no
effect.
So I typed simply "./ousb" (as was the designer's instruction) and
bingo! up came the Open USB IO Controller Command Line with usage
instructions. I am now all set to communicate with the module using
Ubuntu. Wonderful.
Oddly though I first put the ousb executable in a Document folder and cd
in Terminal to that destination and typed ./ousb without effect. I must
have made an error, as that should have worked just as it does now with
ousb in the home directory.
All three of my observations are answered.
Thanks Ryan.
Geoff