701SD wireless

Norm, VK3XCI vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Thu May 20 23:13:10 BST 2010

Gday Scott et al

We have a problem

output from "lspci -v | less" gives

01:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8187SE Wireless
LAN Controller (rev 22)

detail here

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114
PCI-E Ethernet Controller (rev b0)

Detail here.

OK, so it works at my workplace into an unencrypted network and at the local
Coffee shop hot spot. There has to be a problem with authentication using 40 bit
WEP and shared key. I'l investigate further tonite... have to change my network
which will lock a couple of old PCs out but hey, I can "blue wire" them for the
moment.

73 de Norm, VK3XCI
Mildura, Australia
The Wintersun City