transfer of Gramps in Hardy Heron to Lucid Lynx

Anthony Joshua Brow tbrow at internode.on.net
Thu May 20 03:33:20 BST 2010

Ladies/Gents,

Before clean install to Lucid Lynx on my PC, I recorded Gramps to CD
with a view to putting it on Lucid Lynx.When I put the Cd in, the file
comes under 'personal data' with the date the CD was recorded. The CD
shows the name of "Gramps-desktop".

Now, when I try the transfer to Lucid, the system tells me:

"The application launcher "gramps.desktop" has not been marked as
trusted. If you do not know the source of this file, launching it may be
unsafe".

Now Gramps was ok in Ubuntu 8.04, so I figure that the CD is 'safe'. As
I feel I am still a nooby, I really would appreciate some guidance in
this. Oh Yea, the Gramps in 8.04 was Gramps 2.2.1 and in Lucid is
updated to Gramps 3.2.3-1.

Many thanks