Formal v Informal structure

bwright bwright.au at gmail.com
Tue May 18 23:22:13 BST 2010

I prefer the idea of an informal structure as  Norm, VK3XCI mentioned
it seems to fit the online community better than a rigid formal
structure and I don't see how you could really argue that a formal
structure is more inclusive than exclusive. One of the best things
about an informal structure is that it is easy to join and participate
but with that we have some issues surrounding organisation and getting
things done. I believe Michael was referring to the red tape that some
members may have suffered from when, "the ship sank" and in this
regard perhaps we need a more open system for wiki editing with
moderation instead of just having a bottle neck in a selected number
of wiki editors. I see a formal structure only adding to the red tape.
It is good we are discussing this and we can talk about it but I think
we are overlapping here when this should really have been a reply to
the Leadership Structure post. Cheers.