A Transition Plan

James Beake jamesbeake at moonmarsh.com
Sun May 16 10:12:01 BST 2010

On 16 May 2010 18:17, Dave Hall <dave.hall at skwashd.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know some people on the list would like to see drastic actions being
> taken to change/fix/revive/whatever the LoCo.  I think now is the time
> for cool heads and respectful discussion.
>
> I would propose that for the time being Melissa remain as team contact.
> I would also propose that Peter Baker (aka jellyware) become a co team
> contact (or whatever the title is).  Peter's role would be to work with
> Melissa and the community to develop consensus around a new plan for the
> LoCo.

Dave are you able to explain to the uninitiated exactly what the role of the
(co) team contact is? What duties will Peter be sharing with Melissa

I am proposing Peter as he has been around the LoCo for a long time.  He
> is also a computerbank committee member, so he has some knowledge about
> how FOSS groups work.  He has also been active around LUV and SFD, while
> also running ubuntu.net.au.  In my experience Peter has always been a
> model of how to live by the code of conduct in the ubuntu community.
> Unless things have changed in the last 6 months or so, Peter is not a
> power user, but he is a passionate user of ubuntu.
>
> I think that Peter is the best person to bring the group together, while
> Melissa has the experience to stop us making the same mistakes again.  I
> thin the 2 of them would make a great time to move us forward.  Keep in
> mind this is an interim arrangement.

Is Peter happy with this nomination? Have you discussed this with him?

> I think the first role of the new team should be to facilitate a
> discussion on the direction and objectives of the group, to be followed
> by how to structure the group.

In principle I'm all for any process that will clear the air and get us all
pulling in the same direction.

James