An interesting variant of Lucid 10.04 - Ultimate Edition v2.6

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue May 11 13:55:53 BST 2010

I have just downloaded this DVD iso and yet to install but it does sound
interesting.

What is Ultimate Edition 2.6? Ultimate Edition was built off Ubuntu
Lucid Lynx 10.04, I am going to start off with some of the finer points.
It will be my main O/S for some time to come. It is lightning fast. I
only release O/S’s that are stable. Let’s get down to the meat and
potatoes.

Ultimate Edition 2.6 is fast & lacks no feature. Wireless was my #1
concern it is squashed & works out of the box. I have embedded many
features I am certain you will be glad to have. The screenshots you are
about to view is me installing Ultimate Edition 2.6 on my machine. I
will be honest in informing you that some of you ATI users will be
capable of firing up compiz fusion right off the live disk as I am doing
(all gpu’s will hopefully be supported in the same aspect in the future).

I have introduced Cheese for you webcam users. Cinelerra, K3d & Kdenlive
are just a few new tools in this O/S. We have put gimp back in as well.
There are tools that go well beyond the call of duty. I will not tell
you what Ultimate Edition 2.6 has in store for you. Take it for a spin
you won’t be sorry.

This far exceeds any release I have built to date.

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition/ultimate-edition-2-6/

BC

--
The best defence against logic is ignorance.