Free CD mail out to celebrate the Lucid Lynx release

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Mon May 3 10:20:35 BST 2010

Good morning/afternoon/evening Ubuntu-AU'ers

First of all I hope you are all enjoying the new release, I have already
installed it across all my desktops here at home and I only have the server
to go. I just wanted to send a quick email to the list again to remind
everyone that if you wanted to see what all the fuss was about but your
internet connection bandwidth or download limit won't allow it let me know!
I have been coordinating a mail out from other members willing to donate a
CD, a little bit of time and some postage (thanks to those who have offered
support) to help get this new LTS release out there for all to see and use.

So if you want a burnt CD mailed to your door (or PO BOX) without the hassle
of trying to download the image please let us know. All we need is a name,
email address, postal address and what particular flavour/architecture of
Lucid Lynx you would like (e.g. Kubuntu 64bit or Xubuntu 32bit, etc). We are
able to ship a couple of CDs in a single disk mailer so feel free to ask for
2 or 3 if you have a use for them. As it stands we have plenty of support
pledged so don't feel shy about asking for one if you're not sure.

As always I can be reached at this email address (jrnorris at gmail.com) or on
IRC my nickname is head_victim (see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/IRC for details) so that you can send
me your details off list.