Qualification recommendations (IT in general)

vk3xci at aanet.com.au vk3xci at aanet.com.au
Fri Mar 26 06:39:03 GMT 2010

Micheal.

I did Cert III in IT (Software Applications)through OTEN in 2005. I took
quite some time to complete it as I was Waaaaay remote and had a 24/7
rural business to run.

OTEN were excelent to deal with and I recommend them without fear or
favour. My course was paper based but they are bringing more modules
online all the time.

Depending on what your interests are, Cert III has 2 streams, Software
Applications and Networks. Niether are extremely technical. You may have
to do some "pre-requisite" units from Cert II, or you may be able to RPL
them. (Recognition of Prior Learning, Oten will help you out)

To do Cert IV there are many streams, not all supported by OTEN, and you
will surely have to do some of the pre-requisites from Cert III. I'm away
from home at the moment so I don't have access to all my links, but I'll
catch up on Sunday.

Norm Vk3XCI
Cert III in IT (Software Applications)
Cert IV in Training and Assessing.