elections

Rand Al Thor randalthor_thedragonreborn at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 08:18:02 GMT 2010

> Subject: Re: elections
> From: melissa at meldraweb.com
> To: cary at bielenberg.id.au
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:02:36 +1100
> CC: keltoiboy at gmail.com; ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Cary,
>
> Correctness isn't politics.
>
> I detest being called a guy, man, dude or anything that discredits the
> gender part of my identity. I don't work for you, so I don't fear
> telling you this.

Well that is unfortunate for you, but it wasn't meant that way.
> You're a guy. You get to relate to "hey guys". I'm not a guy, I don't
> get to -- I'm /forced/ to. This cry of PC from you and Michael? That's
> you trying to force me.

IMO google "guys", informal way of referring to either sex. No offence was intended. If you chose to take offence then that's your prerogative.I don't think things need to be changed because of one persons dislike for a particular term. Especially when the majority find it acceptable.
-Z