ComputerBank (NSW or otherwise)

Michael keltoiboy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 04:32:26 GMT 2010

Hello everyone.

I have been thinking the last few days about various things, my future
being one of them, and have come to a general conclusion that I could
do a ComputerBank type of thing for my local area. I have thought
about this since suggesting to Jared with his LiveCD idea. I only have
one problem with it, I can't seem to get into the ComputerBank NSW
website.

Does anyone know if they have one still? If so what is the current,
working, website address?

My plan is, of course, to offer 2nd hand donated PCs and laptops that
have been checked and all serial numbers documented to worthy
recipients. i.e. people who cannot afford a PC. They would, again of
course, come with Ubuntu (probably 10.04 LTS) and be setup for ease of
use ootb. i.e. codecs for music and video already installed, a
calender like Sunbird already installed, full OpenOffice, etc. It
would also come with an Ubuntu folder in /home that would contain the
Ubuntu Beginners Guide and other relevant information.

At the moment I'm just thinking out loud so to speak. I obviously have
to contact various possible donating groups to obtain the core stock
and that will take a little bit of time I think. Does anyone else here
have any experience with this type of thing? Am I heading, so far as
it is only the planing stage, on the right track? Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Michael (k3lt01)