elections

peter baker jellyware at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:27:33 GMT 2010

melissa said

While elections are typically how we used to do this back in 2006 when
> we (both the team and ubuntu in general) were much smaller, it's
> generally now expected that a meritocratic process be followed -- put a
> motion to the team participants that the role be passed to the
> particular someone who has demonstrated they can do it, as opposed to
> taking random names and choosing who is most popular at the time.

I don't think that the leader of a community has a right to tell the
community how the position of leader is created or maintained.  I believe we
should have regular elections for leader positions within the community to
ensure that the community remains vibrant/active.

--
www.peter.id.au