Ubuntu Gaming

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 13:59:32 BST 2010

Good morning/afternoon/evening Ubuntu-AU'ers

Based upon some discussions this evening in the ubuntu-au-chat channel
tonight we've put together an idea to help us socialize and relax
while still promoting Ubuntu to the gaming community. Essentially we
want to start a Ubuntu-AU gaming clan so that we can wear clan tags in
game which will make other users become curious about the meaning of
the 3 letter acronym. Using this as an "in" we can link them to the
page we have set up
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Projects/Gaming to show them
that gaming is actually alive and well in the Ubuntu world. I know
that as soon as someone comes into the servers I frequent with new
tags everyone wants to know what they mean so this should generate
some awareness for us.

I think we should be able to use the already existing IRC channels to
communicate and the wiki as a place to store all the information so
there is really no added burden on anyone to maintain the gaming clan.
If you're interested or have information you can add to the wiki
please go ahead and add your thoughts/ideas/information.

Regards,

Jared Norris