ubuntu for Internet cafe

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 15 05:54:10 BST 2010

On 15/06/10 10:21, Paul Schulz wrote:
> You can install Ubuntu on a USB stick and boot from that.
>
> - unetbootin                     - General tool for putting an ISO
> image onto a USB stick
> - usb-createor-gkk (or -kde) - Ubuntu specific tool.
>
> so.. if you have an iso (CD or DVD) that does what you want, you can
> get to boot from
> from a USB stick (and possibly also a hard drive).
>
> This might help but tit isn't the whole solution.
>
> On the other hand, you could sell the Ubuntu-on-a-stick (4GB is
> apparently sufficient) and then they
> can take it away with them.

I have the Lucid iso residing on a 4GB USB flash.

Only slight hassle is that you will not get sound to work. If this is no
hassle then its fine.

One last comment: if installing the CD Live on a USB stick then you
would need to consider the speed of the USB stick - you would probably
want to use one of the fastest around (Corsair) for which you would be
paying ~$31 + freight from Sydney.

BC