using a usb turbo modem

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 09:07:19 BST 2010

On 13 June 2010 16:54, terry <brotell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how I can use my usb turbo modem from telstra with
> ubuntu without having to download extra programmes..  It works fine
> with microsoft.. The idea IS to dump microsoft as soon as possible
>
> Ta
>
> Terry

Terry,

I'm not sure what model USB device you have from Telstra but
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Projects/WirelessBroadbandInformation
has a few different listed Telstra USB devices and most seem to work
with minimal effort. If you find out what device it is and it's not
listed there (or the listed instructions don't work) just let us know
what model it is and we can all help troubleshoot.

Regards,

Jared Norris