Team Appointment Process - Poll

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 08:43:09 BST 2010

All these polls, whether they are for governance structures or IRC meeting
times are totally valueless unless the main body of Ubuntu users in
Australia come out of their hiding places and declare their wishes.

The current poll on governance registers the opinions of 18 Ubuntu users.
Hardly a representative sample and certainly not a valid nor acceptable vote
(as was the vote on IRC meeting times).

Reading the minutes of the last IRC meeting, I noticed the brave mention of
"should we revisit the time set aside for these meetings".  There is no
point in asking the converted, you need to ask the 200+ registered ubuntu-au
members.

Elect a representative, a governor if the term pleases you, and let this
person drive the push to rejuvenating Ubuntu-au and ultimately
re-accreditation.

To those who seek refuge behind the voluntary nature of ubuntu-au and
therefore claim that they cannot exercise any authority, I would remind them
that many ubuntu-au users have signed the code of conduct and thereby have
placed themselves under the jurisdiction of the requirements of Launchpad
and Ubuntu.

"Laissez-faire" is just another term for administrative laziness.

Andre