Peculiar effect with keyboard -solved

MoLE moleonthehill at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 02:27:13 BST 2010

On 19 July 2010 18:33, Morgan Storey <me at morganstorey.com> wrote:
> very odd that, that would fix it;
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/r-cran-sandwich
> "This package contains model-robust standard error estimators for time
> series and longitudinal data." A bit obtuse, but from looking here
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#What-is-R_003f it looks like it
> could do with svg, scalable vector graphics, things like icons wallpapers
> etc, as to why this fixed it I don't know.

Agreed this is very weird.

I wonder if the problem was actually some partially installed
packages, which were repaired after apt-get installing something
(anything)!

I have seen this happen before with other system problems.

There actually is no binary package titled "sandwich" in ubuntu afaics.

Cheers,

MoLE