(Business) Applications software

Brett brettmahar at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 15:12:32 GMT 2010

> I need to find business applications that run on Linux.
> Can someone suggest where I can find suppliers of such apps
> as:
> G/L, Inv, POS, Drs, Crs etc

I am an accountant and have looked in vain for a decent accounting program that runs on linux (I have downloaded and checked about 20 of them). GnuCash is a close as you will get, unless you want to use CRM software.
If setting up some sort of CRM client/server system is not going to be too big a project for your client, I would recommend going straight to OpenERP or similar, and not bothering with standalone accounting apps.
One of the few areas where linux cannot match windows!