Old LP's and records

Ferdinand Lehnard ferdinand.lehnard at web.de
Sat Apr 24 09:20:57 BST 2010

Hi mates,

I just would like to inform you that ALDI (NSW) had last week a USB
turntable (record player) in their shops which is usable to copy your
old records onto CD. The most surprising stuff was that the software
package delivered was Audacity. Seeing this I thought, that could be
something for my UBUNTU machine and just bought it even it was no
mentioning of LINUX on the package.

Today I tried it and worked out of the box, I was not even forced to
load the Installation CD. All you need is AUDACITY. I am using still
UBUNTU 8.04 just for your info.

Greetings
Ferdinand