Standard Document Formats

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Mon Apr 19 13:25:19 BST 2010

Hi all.

I've been engaged in writing a number of funding submissions for Skilling
Queenslanders for Work and Productivity Places Program funding over the past
month or so and have been in discussion with Queensland's Department of
Employment, Economic Development & Innovation about their Funding Toolkits.
These consist of MS Office documents in .doc and .xls formats that are
heavily customised.  None of the documents that I have had the oppurtunity
to use have functioned correctly in Open Office and the saved documents from
Open Office don't display correctly in MS Office meaning that having an MS
Office licence and proprietry operating system are the only way to
effectively complete the funding applications.

I would like to know if anyone on this list is aware of any, however
obscure, QLD State government policy that deals with electronic document
formats.

The documents can be found at the following URL for anyone interested ->
http://www.employment.qld.gov.au/providers/toolkit/index.htm

Regards.

--
SIMON IVES