Objectionable material on the Ubuntu-AU Google group site and email list

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 04:49:08 BST 2010

Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow Ubuntu-AU'ers,

Thank you to some persistent effort from list members and list
administrators alike we have finally nailed down the cause for the
undesirable material on the Google group member list and mailing list. We
have now been able to take steps to ensure the objectionable material has
been removed from current lists and we are now monitoring the Google group
mailing list to ensure there is no ongoing spam problems with this list as
well.

If you feel your membership has been removed from the list mistakenly or if
you find anything you think shouldn't be associated with Ubuntu-AU please
feel free to email the mailing list address (ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com) so
that we can follow up further as required.

Given the recent thread activity I would also like to take this opportunity
to give a general reminder of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct which is what we
all must all follow. It can be viewed at
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct and includes a section devoted to
mailing lists and web forums.

Regards,

Jared Norris