LEADERSHIP and a ROADMAP

AndrewG gandella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 03:24:49 BST 2010

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your opinion.

I agree with what you have said about Melissa, But she is only one
person and at no time have I advocated that she be replaced.

There are many things in your post that make sense and you probably
can guess that I disagree with you on some.

Can I ask you a question?
Why do you think people have titles ?
Why does Melissa have the title of "Team-contact" ?

'Leadership is not about telling others what to do'

All that I am advocating is that the structure for a 'Team of leaders'
be created and that they be visible.
A process needs to be put into place to encourage 'people' to come
forward.

Nothing really changes in any other aspect of how ubuntu-au operates.
Individuals can still come-up with 'projects', ask for help etc.

You talk about 'BE the change' and this is what I have done in
Brisbane.
I organised the first release party.  I did this with no 'prompting'
or help from anybody.
Possibly because I have experience in organising such things.
"Others however may need help and encouragement."
Who do they turn to ?
The IRC:  You may get a response  (if somebody happens to be on at the
same time)
The Mailing list:  You may get a response.
Team Contact: You may get a response, this is one person who is
expected to do everything & be everything.

I hope that you get my point.

With regards to my references about the other teams.
Yes these other teams are created from larger populations, but once
again this is not the point.
The point is, these teams have a 'leadership-structure' with 'Titles'.
A team can be organised in many ways.

Everybody is not trying to be "Boss", I'm certainly not advocating
that.
I'm trying to "BE the change" and bring about discussion.

These "Projects", how are they progressing ?
Do people need help ?
Nobody knows!

Once again, thanks for your opinion, everybody is entitled to one.

Regards,

Andrew G.