Linux support in schools & universities

Lisa Milne lisa at ltmnet.com
Wed Sep 16 01:50:31 BST 2009

My only experience with Linux in school/uni was at tafe. The teachers
let me install Ubuntu on a number of desktop machines in several rooms,
as long as it was dual boot and I told them the password. I had better
network access than the windows systems (although they did eventually
manage to stop me from having access to USB sticks plugged into other
computers around the campus).

Likewise plugging a Linux laptop into their wired network was fine
(after I'd converted a couple of classmates over to Ubuntu), but I never
tried their wireless network as I never needed to.

Lisa

--
WebLinux - Linux live on the web!
http://www.weblinux-live.org