Ubuntu-au Obsolete? or needing a revamp?

Mike mikej01 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 00:22:32 BST 2009

Im an ubuntu user in Adelaide and have been mostly lurking on this list
for ages now.

I would like to attend more release partys but I think they should be
based somewhere we can get hold of internet access and have the space
and power to get some PC's working to actually look at and celebrate the
new release. Pubs are not ideal unless we book a function room, which
requires commitment and probably cash + organisers.

Perhaps the Australian Loco can figure out who wants to do this in each
capital city and co-ordinate centrally so that each release party works
in a similar way and improves upon the last, also using it as an
opportunity to show off ubuntu to your non-ubuntu friends whilst
surrounded by other experienced people who can help them with any inquiries.

Cheers,

Mike