Karmic Koala 64-Bit: Black screen on re-boot after install

Trevor Cowan quarterstaff at y7mail.com
Sat Oct 31 23:39:20 GMT 2009

Well! I made the hard decision for a clean install of Karmic Koala alongside of Windows XP instead of a Wubi install as a program in Windows XP after first un-installing the previous Jaunty Jackalope Wubi.

I decide to do this with a view to removing Windows XP completely at some future date. But imagine my disappointment when I got a black screen on re-boot of Karmic Koala. My system has an Asus P5QC mainboard with an Intel E7500 Core2 Duo processor. I have read that some Intel processors can cause this problem.

Fortunately I was able to install Karmic Koala in Windows XP by using the alternative Wubi option. So I have Karmic Koala 64-Bit after all.

I will now wait until a solution for the 'Black Screen' problem is found and do a full install, or wait for Lucid Lynx to be released to see if it is overcome by then.

Meantine I would just like to say. Thank you for your help guys and gals.

Trevor.