Installing Picasa 3 on Karmic Koala

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Sun Oct 25 07:35:37 GMT 2009

Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 04:06 -0700, Stephen wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone
>> I am a complete newby here and have already encountered a problem with
>> Karmic Koala.
>>

> I know this isn't what you are looking for, but I'd strongly adivse
> against using Picasa on Linux. It's a horrid port, using wine, so bad
> that Google didn't bother porting 3.5.
>
> For a photo management program, try F-spot or gtkam.

I'm going to have to disagree there.  I tried f-spot, gtkam, and several
others, and could never find one that managed photos as well as Picasa.
For me (on jaunty), Picasa has been stable, easy to use, and has the
library management features i'm looking for (like being able to actually
index 15K photos without crashing).

Stephen, do you have the Google deb repository defined in your software
sources?  If so, just try opening a terminal and running 'sudo apt-get
install picasa'.

Paul