Paint Shop Pro3

Hugo Do Nascimento hadnas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 03:23:51 GMT 2009

Hi Chris

2009/11/11 Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au>

> 32bit color depth,

Please, look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEGL and
http://meetthegimp.org/tag/gegl/

time machine,

This is a pretty nice effect. Do you know how to replicate it in Gimp?
Btw, have you tried Gimp->Filters->Decor->Coffee Stain and Old Photo (in
Gimp 2.6)?

one touch color/fade restoration, Corel
> Express Lab, print layout with support for Avery. Just to name a few.

Very good resources too. Is there anything similar in Gimp or planned for
future its versions?

> Not to mention a much better and more productive gui layout and toolset.

It may be so, but I don't think that there are usability test results
available for checking that.
For sure, people use better what they know most (and longer).

Don't get me wrong, I still use The Gimp in addition to Inkscape, both
> on Linux. But I''m just saying there are certain things that I can't do
> and get the same results with not using some Windows software.

Something else caught my curiosity: how much did you pay for your copies of
Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop and Corel?

Cheers
Hugo