Topic Change: Does everyone like the Koala

IKT noname420 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 06:46:53 GMT 2009

> I am quite pleased with the new boot screen and theme makes it more
> visually pleasing.

The humanity icons are exactly what I was after, oxygen has a great icon
theme but I don't really need massively details icons. Like to keep things
simple.

The biggest difference is the creative x-fi support.

Unfortunately I'm having a lot of trouble finding a program like dvd
shrink/avi to dvd burning utility for ubuntu, all the ubuntu/linux
equivalents aren't working to well.

http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=173 - Could use some love.

I see that the next version is going to be an LTS! Hopefully the team polish
> that sucker right up and deliver another outstanding release.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

   1.

   *Reduced Alpha Stage:* Because we will have substantially less new code,
   we can reduce the number of Alpha releases, and extend the Beta stage to
   allow for more system testing.
   2.

   *Two Beta Releases:* We generally get more bugs filed in the Beta stage
   because of the increase in user base. In order to address more of these
   issues, we will provide an additional Beta release.

 I will be pushing people to upgrade to the beta in a hope that any problems
they have can be fixed in time for release.