Creating A Linux Disro - Need Programmers, Disginers etc!

Chris Debenham chris at adebenham.com
Sat Nov 14 23:08:51 GMT 2009

I think the responses can be better understood if we reframe them into
another context.
What the original poster did is the equivalent of asking a group of
commodore fans to help work on designing the next falcon :-)
When you look at it like that it is much easier to understand the responses ;-)

2009/11/15 Skythra <skythra at gmail.com>:
> Yeah i'll be unsubscribing from this mailing list after reading this
> particular topic. This is a community bent on some form of elitism for
> god knows what purpose. Justify it how you may, I feel repulsed by
> people's responses here.
>
> I'm not agreeing with the opening poster or his methods, but lets
> break down some people here:
>
> Dave Hall - A person who clearly never ever considered ever helping
> out on this project went on to criticize it. Why? God knows. He found
> points he didn't like and made them out to be critical flaws. If the
> conditions don't suit you, just don't do it. You don't need to go on
> some self gratified justification about how much better your time is
> worth then contributing. And he snidely ends in "good luck".
>
> Bwright - A person who never considered ever helping out, but still
> felt like his opinion on the project was somehow necessary too. He
> then puts words in the mouth of the opening poster, interpreting
> whatever he felt like to help justify his position on the matter. He
> also suggests that the poster is arrogant, but I'm not so sure he read
> what he wrote. The same could be easily said to him. Although
> ignorance is probably what I'd choose. There's a lot of work in
> creating a distribution. I'm not so sure it's something that you'd
> make yourself and then ask for help. Rather it's something you look
> for people of similar interest and gauge the viability of it as a
> project. Your contribution to the linux community I can see is about
> as deep as a few posts a week on a public forum. As a member of the
> linux community, i thank you for your generous time in using the
> community's product.
>
> Aryan - A incredibly insightful person who is more than happy enough
> to get caught up over grammer and spelling rather then contribute
> meaningfully to the topic. While criticizing the opening poster, i
> wonder if he himself considered whether or not his time was actually
> assisting or not.
>

> Anyway i know i havn't exactly given a lot so you're probably not sad
> to see me go, but on the other hand I feel terrible about sharing the
> good word about ubuntu and suggesting to others to join in, even so
> far as to install it on both parents PC's and laptops, my significant
> others laptop and several friends PCs. I'm loathe to think about them
> becoming involved in this community, which has a superior "apple"
> feeling.

Jonathan Swift  - "May you live every day of your life." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html