Mobile broadband connection 9.10 Huawei E1762

Dale quail.linux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:56:54 GMT 2009

2009/11/3 Slawek Drabot <sdrabot at yahoo.com>:
> That explains annoyance 1.
>
> Can you suggest tools to manually check/enable DNS to circumvent annoyance 2?

Hi Dave,

I use wvdial on my Debian firewall/gateway/router and what I have done
to stop the changing of DNS stuff changing is:
<quote>
# cat /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial
noauth
name wvdial
#usepeerdns
</quote>
Note I have commented out the 'usepeerdns', this is so my
/etc/resolv.conf does not get over written all the time :-)

But under NM you can tell it to use set DNS servers that are provided
to you by your ISP.  It under the IPv4 Settings tab. Change it from
'Automatic (PPP)' to 'Automatic (PPP) address only' which will open up
the 'DNS Server:' lower in that window.

Hope this all helps abit

Regards
Dale

[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking we were at when we created them" - Albert Einstein