Ubuntu and virus protection

Ryan Ralph ryanralph1991 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:29:11 GMT 2009

Hi Geoffrey,
I'm a fairly simple user of ubuntu and use it mainly for browsing the
internet and music playback. I don't see the need for antivirus on ubuntu as
there are practically no viruses around that I've heard of. If you only
download software from the repositories and don't run any suspect commands
you shouldn't have a problem.

You should have no problems with viruses without using antivirus because the
majority of viruses are written for windows and are not compatible with
ubuntu.

I hope this is what you were after.
(whoops replied directly to geoffrey and not the list)
--
Ryan Ralph
ryanralph1991 at gmail.com