HP LaserJet P1005 on/off problem

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 23 23:52:00 BST 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 17:55 +1000, Scott Evans wrote:
> As a guess, what version of HPLIP are you using? it may be that you
> need
> to update it to a newer version as there could be something specific
> that needs to be sent to the printer to wake it up (not sure) But I
> have
> a all in one unit here HP-4400 and this looses the plot! if not
> printed
> or used as a scanner, to resolve this, it just needs the power to be
> cycled.

Thanks Scott,

I believe I am using the latest HPLIP version -3.9.4b.  I just Googled
"wake up printer . . ."  There is a lot of chatter.  Most of which I
don't really understand.  But it does seem to be a common problem.  Is
there, maybe, a simple command I can send via Terminal?  I've tried CTRL
+ALT+Backspace that doesn't work.

Dave W