Upgrading from 8.04 to 9.04

Sean Van Buggenum svaens at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:31:43 BST 2009

Hi rob,

I think i would personally recommend a clean install. As you said, you have
your home directory on a separate partition, this makes it very convenient
to do a fresh upgrade.

Myself, I have my home directory also on a different partition, and a script
of install commands (apt-get install) for software which i typically always
use.
So a quick Ubuntu install, and 10 minutes of running the script, and i am
back up and running, with the new operating system, and my previous
settings.