Upgrading from 8.04 to 9.04

Rob Farquhar imagines at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 20 10:04:41 BST 2009

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking for a little while and am hoping I'm not
being too forward in using my first post to ask for a little help!

I'm currently running 8.04 as a dual-boot with Windows XP on my home
machine. It's been a whi8le since I last seriously fiddled with my
Ubuntu installation and I'm thinking bout upgrading to the latest
version. I understand that I can't directly upgrade from 8.04 to 9.04,
though.

I'm wondering, as I've mounted the main OS files on a separate partition
from my /home directories, whether I can delete my OS partition and
install 9.04 straight over it. Am I asking for too much trouble?

Thanks,

Rob Farquhar