Network access to Windows Mobile 5 Device (new linux user)

Jim Tippett jimtippett at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 3 22:52:08 BST 2009

When I connect my ASUS A632 PDA (Windows Mobile 5) to my desktop (Ubuntu
9.04) via USB I get the notification Auto Eth1  Wired Network (ASUSTek
Computer A63X in RNDIS mode) but I cannot access it when I go to Places,
Network.

If I change the USB connections setting on the PDA from Transmission as
Network Interface to Simulation as Card Reader I get the notification
¨wired network disconnected" and I can see the PDA´s SD card when I go
to Places, Computer.  I can only see the SD card though.

I would like to be able to access all storage areas on the PDA and
thought I might be able be able to do this via the Network given I can
see the  Auto Eth 1 connection.  Any suggestions (for a novice Linux
user)?

Thanks,

Jim