Lightweight Email Client

Dave Hall dave.hall at skwashd.com
Sun Mar 29 13:41:57 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 22:53 +1030, Ishwor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Simon Ives wrote:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a lightweight email client that I can use with my
> > EEE PC running Ubuntu 8.10 and Ubuntu NBR?  Evolution is too bulky and
> > Thunderbird doesn't play well with the NBR interface.  I'm after
> > something with a really simple user interface.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/

Anjal seems to fit the bill pretty well.
http://blogs.gnome.org/sragavan/2009/03/18/announcing-anjal-the-new-mail-for-netbooks/

The only possible downside is that it still under heavy development, so
you would have to build it from source.

The author is an active contributor to evolution.

Cheers

Dave