this mornings updates

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:02:14 GMT 2009

Hi Lisa

On Thursday 15 January 2009 19:50:36 Lisa Milne wrote:
> Oh well, I'll just have to see what's up with my system then, at least
> it's at work so I get paid to fix it.
>
> thanks all
>
> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 15:58 +1100, David Ryder wrote:
> > OK here ..David
> >
> > On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 09:44 +1000, Lisa wrote:
> > > Is anyone else getting dpkg segfaulting on the acpi-support update that
> > > came through this morning? Hardy 32bit
> > >
> > > Lisa
>
> --
> WebLinux - Linux live on the web!
> http://www.weblinux-live.org

It's possible the error was a one off? Some programs crash occasionally no
matter what you try (or don't) to do. Best bet is to see if it persists imho.
Also did it happen before rebooting (after updating of course) or before.
Liek some of the firefox updates leave firefox unable to browse until it's
restarted giving errors you might not connect to the update itself. I've had
programs segfault after and update related to them only to be fine afterwards

James

--
When wu-wei is done, nothing is left undone.

Wei Wu Wei