c-nile virus

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:52:47 GMT 2009

Hi IKT

On Friday 16 January 2009 15:48:00 IKT wrote:
> fake:
>
> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=c-nile+virus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=c
>om.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a
>
> "This hoax notifies its recipients about a new dangerous virus called
> C-Nile, that cannot be detected by any antivirus software.
>
> The term C-Nile is a phonetic equivalent of the word *Senile*, describing
> old age. The virus is said to have all the "symptoms" of an older person
> with senility. However, there is no real virus like this found in any of
> the antivirus encyclopedias.
>
> *Recipients are advised to ignore and delete this kind of message*."

I tend to agree. I've seen so many fake virus warnings targeted at windows
users in order to con them into buying software they don't need. Basically
some  program installed was a trojan designed to keep giving warnings until
you fork out money for a program that does nothing but remove a fake warning

Anything you get like that should be taken with a bucket of salt imho

James