ext3 partition on a windows drive common to 32bit and 64bit?

David Ryder davaweb at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 16 02:04:11 GMT 2009

Hi Karl,
There seems to be a disadvantage mounting it in /home/myname/3264common
- the drive icon shows on the desktop (annoying).
Mounting in /3264common does not show the drive icon but still mounts
OK.
Any thoughts why this should be so and how I can avoid just that one
drive icon showing when mounted in /home .. ? (I like my current setup
where the icons to show only if manually mounted).

(If I change gconf-editor /apps/nautilus/desktop>volumes-visible will
not show manually mounted volumes).
David