AUS LoCo status?

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Wed Jan 14 05:04:05 GMT 2009

Getting some LoCo groups up and running, and regularly, would be great.  Given that Australia is a large, vast, and at times lonely place, would it be
possible to pool some talent and get some online meetings running too?

When I lived in South East QLD the Local LUG was great, and the LUG in Brisbane (University of QLD) was exceptional.  Now that I live in a remote
location (Mount Isa) it would seem that to participate in any Linux/Ubuntu community the only option is online.

I haven't got any specific programming skills to offer, my areas of speciality are Logic, Ethics, and Community Development.  If any of these skills are
needed in getting a LoCo (or a few) off the ground then just shoot me a message.

One question to anyone who might know: "how, if at all, is Ubuntu registered in Australia?"

--
Simon Ives

simon at simonives.info
www.simonives.info

Please consider the environment before printing this email or any attachments.