Karmic Koala takes long time to load

bryn mitchell bryn_mitchell at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 27 00:52:03 GMT 2009

G'day David.
The holdup is either after the BIOS has loaded or is during the BIOS load up period. It is difficult to tell as it simply shows a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner.
Ironically, when starting the machine today it started with minimal hesitation. Yesterday I had to do a number of re-starts to get the OS to load.