Windows 7 and Ubuntu

Simon Ives simon.ives.au at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 00:51:09 GMT 2009

Hi.

My work notebook is a HP Pavilion dv7 that came with MS Windows Vista.  The
first thing I did when I got it home, of course, was to set-up Ubuntu to
dual boot (there are a number of applications we use that require MS Windows
to function - DEEWR's UES Smart Client for example - so I couldn't go for a
straight Ubuntu install).  Work have since received a heap of MS Windows 7
upgrade disks and all of our new notebooks, mine included, need to be
upgraded.

My question, therefore, is 'how do I upgrade to MS Windows 7 and then
restore Grub so that I can continue to use my current Ubuntu installation?'.

Thanks.

--
SIMON IVES