mail server

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Tue Dec 15 21:28:09 GMT 2009

IKT wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Just after suggests for mail server software, easy to setup and maintain and
> preferably has an admin gui + webmail.
>
> Have been running axigen but after some other suggestions.

If you want something that's reliable and performs well but might need a
little more integration work to set up, try the combination of postfix,
amavisd-new, spamassassin, courier-imap, and roundcube.  This is what i
run on my server and i'm very happy with how reliable it has been.  All
of these packages are available in Debian & Ubuntu, but roundcube tends
to be a little behind because it's still developing at a reasonably high
rate, so i install that from source.  I highly recommend this setup
document if you choose to go that way:
http://www.fatofthelan.com/articles/articles.php?pid=29

If you want something that is comprehensive, looks pretty, and has a
nice point & click interface, but has a slower interface, try Zimbra.

Paul